Live with faith and purpose!
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
Many Christians believe that pursuing our goals goes against certain Christian beliefs and counteracts whatever plan God has in store for us. On the contrary – Scriptures encourage us to pursue our goals and achieve success.
The Promise of God
In Jeremiah, God tells you there is a plan for you: a wonderful and amazing plan. It’s a plan for success and joy. Where did God plant that plan? In your heart, of course! God has given you the desire to succeed and manifest His work in this world.
The question is, “How do I find that plan?”
Since God planted the plan in your heart, look in your heart. Look prayerfully.
Try these strategies to discover this plan:
- What is your passion? Your passion holds the dreams which God planted in your heart. Follow your passion.
- Are you pushing it away? Is there a thought in the back of your mind you’re trying to avoid? Bring it to the forefront. Look at it clearly. This may contain God’s plan for you that your ego wants to avoid. Your ego is that part of you that wants your will, not God’s.
- The “What then?” trick. Ask yourself, “Once I achieve that goal, what then would I want?” Keep asking “what then” until you have your ah-ha experience that says, “That’s it. That’s the ultimate plan for my life.”
Trust in God’s Promise
God’s not going to give you the entire plan at once. After all, you might get scared if you discovered God wanted you to begin a world-wide coaching business that would require writing three books a year for the next 10 years, managing a staff of 100 people, and so on.
God doesn’t seem to write with straight lines. The path may meander about, especially when you interject your own will. God then re-writes the path and you’re set again.
The key is trusting that God has everything in hand, even when you can’t see more than 10 feet in front of you.
Consider talking to God and asking him to…
- Bless you with the wisdom, knowledge, and resources needed to accomplish His plan for you.
- Bless your business, so it expands in every way according to God’s will for you.
- Guide and direct you, to inspire you, and let you know each succeeding step.
- Help you listen to His messages to you and stay in communication with God through prayer.
- Provide protection in every area of your life – for you, your family, and your business.
Implied in your request is that your actions will be according to God’s word. God promised through Jeremiah that He has plans for you: “… plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
When you’re living God’s plan for you and asking for assistance, the goals you set will be according to that plan. Your goals are God’s goals for you. You can crush those goals and all your future ones as well.