How Not to Die
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates
Preventing, arresting, and reversing our leading killers is an important step to change the health of people in America and throughout the world!
In their book How Not to Die, Dr. Michael Greger and Gene Stone share how we can prevent, treat and reverse our top 15 killers in America.
The first half of the book covers why we should eat healthfully and the role our diet plays in the prevention, treatment and reversal of our top 15 causes of death in America:
- Heart disease, lung diseases, brain diseases, digestive cancers, infections, diabetes, high blood pressure, liver diseases, blood cancers, kidney disease, breast cancer, suicidal depression, prostate cancer, Parkinson’s disease and iatrogenic causes (death from medical care).
The good news is that most deaths in the United States are preventable, and they are related to what we eat. Our diets are the # 1 cause of death and disability in America.
Based on the evidence-based research, part 2 covers how to eat and live to prevent, treat, and reverse these health challenges. They now offer the daily dozen for us to maximize our lifestyle and create the life we deserve.
Daily Dozen Checklist:
- 3 servings of beans
- 1 serving of berries
- 3 servings of other fruits
- 1 serving of cruciferous vegetables
- 2 servings of green vegetables
- 2 servings of other vegetables
- 1-2 servings of flax seeds
- 1 serving of nuts
- 1 serving of spices (turmeric)
- 3 servings of whole grains
- 5 servings of water
- 1 serving of exercise (60-90 minutes)
Focus on adding in healthier choices. When you do this, you naturally displace the unhealthier choices.
To download and utilize the free Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen app click here
To get the How Not to Die book click here.
Make the commitment to your health and prioritize daily agenda to support healthy living.