“The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.”
Failure often times is looked at as the opposite of success; however, the truth is that failure is a part of success. Think of some of the most successful leaders in world history. They failed frequently and big, but they learned from their failure and kept moving forward.
Below, we share the steps to failing forward by John Maxwell. Once you read and understand them, start failing forward.
- Realize there is one major difference between average people and achieving people.
- Learn a new definition of failure.,.
- Remove the “you” from failure.
- Take action and reduce your fear.
- Change your response to failure by accepting responsibility.
- Don’t let the failure from outside get inside of you.
- Say goodbye to yesterday.
- Change yourself, and your world changes.
- Get over yourself and start giving yourself.
- Find the benefit in every bad experience.
- If at first you succeed, try something harder.
- Learn from a bad experience and make it a good experience.
- Work on the weakness that weakens you.
- Understand there’s not much difference between failure and success.
- Get up, get over it, get going.
To get the book and learn how to fail forward click here.
“If you really want to achieve your dreams, I mean really achieve them, not just daydream of talk about them – you’ve got to get out there and fail. Fail early, fail often, but always fail forward.” John Maxwell