Start your day off right
“What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
When you start each day with positivity, you feel physically stronger, more relaxed, and able to face the day’s challenges with patience, perseverance, and thoughtful responses. Try these positive strategies to help you get ready for your day.
- Smile at yourself in the bathroom mirror. Acknowledge one of your positive characteristics (“I’m cute, funny, perky, quirky, caring, or hard-working).
- Reflect on what’s important to you today. Do this while you’re in the shower or brushing your teeth. For example, “I want to have a good meeting at work” or “My kids need to have a great morning before school.”
- Vow to discover new things. You’ll notice new people and engage wholeheartedly in life today.
- Feel gratitude for your good health. Your body takes care of you. Promise to take loving care of it.
- Take 10 minutes to meditate. Close your eyes. Concentrate on the sound of your breath flowing in and out.
- Drink 2 full glasses of water to get your internal organs working. Doing so will help you avoid feeling sluggish
- Have a healthy breakfast. Include fruit and vegetables. Food is your fuel, so fuel up for the day
- Embrace the beauty of the new day. Allow time to get ready for your day without feeling rushed.