Charisma – The first impression can seal the deal
“How can you have charisma? Be more concerned about making others feel good about themselves than you are making them feel good about you.” Dan Reiland
Most often we think charisma is a gift and only some people have it, we often cannot define it. Charisma, is the ability to draw people to you; and like other traits it can be developed.
To make yourself the kind of person who attracts others, consider the following opportunities:
- Love life – Be passionate about life.
- Put a “10” on everyone’s head – Value people and expect the best of them.
- Give people hope – “Leaders are dealers in hope.” Napoleon Bonaparte
- Share yourself – As you lead people, give of yourself.
To Improve your charisma, consider the following:
- Change your focus – Focus less on you and more on others.
- Play the first impression game – Learn their name, focus on their interests, make the interactions about them.
- Share yourself – Make it your long-term goal to share resources with others.
Draw people to you by making it about them and not you!
*This post and podcast are based on content from John Maxwell’s 21 Indispensable Qualities of a leader (Chapter 2). To learn how to become a better leader, get the book click here